This is the NSW and ACT region’s major carnivorous plant event and the easiest way to get collectable carnivorous plants at very fair prices. Plants are sold by members of the Australasian Carnivorous Plant Society, who collectively have excellent representation of most carnivorous plant varieties.
Regular attendees and the plants they specialise in include:
- Greg Bourke (Captive Exotics): Nepenthes species & hybrids
- Peter & Jessica Biddlecombe: Nepenthes, Drosera (D. regia?) &
Darlingtonia seedlings pre-hardened to Sydney’s climate
- Gordon & Lyn Hanna: Sarracenia, including the best S. leucophylla money can buy, & Nepenthes
- Philippe Reytter: magnificent Sarracenia spp. & hybrids (including difficult to get varieties like S. flava atropurpurea), Cephalotus, pygmy Drosera & Dionaea/VFTs
- Helmut Kibelis: Pinguicula species & hybrids, & Drosera regia
- Richard Sullivan: magnificent African and Queensland Drosera, jumbo-sized Dionaea/VFTs & occasionally Darlingtonia & Sarracenia
All in all, there are usually some really good plants available, and at very reasonable prices. And as if this wasn’t enough, Stewart Macpherson & Greg Bourke will be showing films of their latest exploits, and Greg will be sharing his experiences in how to grow carnivorous plants of all types.
So come along and support your local CP society, swap stories and growing hints, and pick up some nice plants!